10 Things To Know About DVD Authoring
DVD Authoring is the process of creating interactive content and graphics to be placed on a DVD, and it is accomplished with the help of DVD authoring software. All the menus, languages and special features that you see have been created through the process of DVD Authoring.
DVD Authoring has changed dramatically over the last decade. At one point in time, only the major Hollywood studios possessed the capital and resources necessary to create full feature DVDs. With the rapid advancement of technology that is no longer the case. Now, the only limitation is your imagination.
There are countless DVD authoring options available for any media project. These include:
- Motion Graphics - Through the use of animation and video, menus are transformed into moving images with pop and style.
- Interactive Menus - Create visually engaging menus with hyperlinks to all sections of a DVD and the web.
- Titling - With a combination of text and still images, titles greatly enhance any DVD menu.
- Chapter Menus – By establishing markers along the video timeline, text and graphics can be employed to allow for chapter selection.
- Selectable Subtitles – Give the viewer the option of choosing subtitles in a variety of foreign languages.
- Slideshows – Incorporate still images into a moving presentation available at the click of a button.
- Closed Captioning – Provide a text accompaniment to onscreen dialogue for the hearing impaired.
- Multiple Audio Tracks - Create a director’s commentary track or alternative music tracks.
- Hypertext – Link directly to a website from within the DVD.
- Remote Control Settings - Give the viewer the option to adjust settings from their remote control, including button options, angle options and return options.
DVD authoring has come a long ways and it continues to evolve. Consult with your duplication and replication facility to ensure that they are providing you with all the latest technical advancements and cutting edge features available for DVD Authoring.
For more information please contact us at 800.736.8273 or www.imperialmedia.com.